WELCOME TO IDO (EKITI) IFEDAPO COOPERATIVE MULTIPURPOSE SOCIETY LIMITED.
It is a body registered and regulated by the Ekiti State Government, under the Ekiti State Ministry of Commerce, Industry, and Cooperatives.
The IDO (EKITI) IFEDAPO COOPERATIVE MULTIPURPOSE SOCIETY LIMITED was registered on the 5th February, 2016 as an independent association of individuals united voluntarily to meet their common economic and social needs and aspirations through a jointly-owned and democratically-controlled enterprise.
In other words, the Co-operative is in business to provide members with the needs of common interest, liaising with the external parties concerned and bringing the products and services to the members at a competitive market rate. Also instead of blindly chasing profits, we take into cognizance the interest of our members first before business actions are taken.
The Cooperative is mutually owned and controlled by members for the sole purpose of helping to realize common social, economic goals and objectives. Members of the Management Committee are elected by the members and they have a two-year tenure. In turn, the strength and commitment of our membership is vital in helping us achieve our goals. Simply put, the more we are, the more resources we can pool together to achieve whatsoever goal we have set out to achieve. The IFEDACOOP is run on the FUBU principle – For Us By Us. We run our activities the way we want it.
Ifedapo (Ido-Ekiti) Cooperative Thrift and Investment Society is established based on the following values:
- Self Help – We help people to help themselves
- Self Responsibility – We take responsibility for, and answer to our actions.
- Democracy – We give our members a say in the way we run our operations
- Equality – No special privileges. Egalitarian by nature. No matter how much money a member invests in their saving account or the position they hold in the MC, they still have one vote and can only get whatsoever every other person can get.
- Equity – We carry our business in a way that is fair and unbiased according to the demands of our members.
- Caring – We are always there for our members and their utmost interest is our common vision.
We are simply in a class of our own.
We do not compete, we dominate.
Go tell your family and friends that the time to join us in NOW.